Monday, May 28, 2012

Blog Post #7


Talofa Lava!
This week has been a lot of fun; we got 4 new Cantonese Elders and 2 new Sisters, as well as a District of 10 Stateside Elders. One of the Cantonese Elders and one of the Sisters may be coming with my District to Hong Kong; the Elder already knows a lot of Cantonese (born in HK), and one of the Sisters is from Sidney and is a native Mandarin speaker. All 6 are super awesome, and it's great to have people who mostly understand my ramblings!
Just to give a quick accounting, I've met up with Elder Frogley from Meridian, Elder Hardy from Nampa, Elder Oates from Vancouver, Elder Christman from Harriman, Elder Huebsch from Meridian, and Hermana Buzan from Vancouver. Also; I saw Elder Preece in an hour long video that taught me how to wash my hands and not eat dirt. As to people I only kinda know; I met Kathy Ward's niece who's going to somewhere Spanaphonic, a McClellan who's a distant relative of Courtney, and I brushed past a Rushton from Western WA, he looked like he could be one of our Rushtons.
I've had such a great week! We've got 2/3 investigators commited to Baptism, and all 3 are attending Church! It's so nice to be able to feel and teach by the Spirit! Our Devo last night was the Managing Director of the Missionary Department, and he related to us the experiences of a Navy fighter pilot with 309 takeoffs from a carrier, and 309 landings onto carriers (it's important that they match). You've got to be precise to land on one of those, and the moral of the story is this;
The sooner you correct your deviation, the better the chance you have of surviving.
Wow! How much of an awesome relation is that to the Gospel! That's what Repenting is all about! It's for correcting yourself so that you don't (spiritually) die! I love love love pilot stories, which is probably why I love Elder Uchtdorf. I also recieved another gem of knowledge as I was teaching a lesson to an investigator; faith in Jesus Christ is a 3 legged stool. The Bible is the first leg, or witness, the Book of Mormon is the second witness, and your own witness makes up the third leg. If you don't have all 3 then you can't truly draw closer to the Savior. You've got to daily examine and evaluate the 3 of them in order to become a true disciple of Christ.
I'm gonna leave you with that homework; I've got a few emails to send off. I love y'all, keep up the good work, fight the good fight, and remember to draw closer to Christ in everything that you do! I love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment