Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Additions to Post !

I am adding here excerpts from a letter Elder O'Gara wrote 12 April 2012 which went the long way around the postal service to reach me! It will be in bits and pieces because most of it is in his first post.


Leih hou! Greetings from the greatest place on Earth! It's like being in the Temple 24/7 except I don't have to keep it down when I think of something funny. I am kinda concerned about the weather, you can't trust the clouds here.


The first day was a whirlwind of excitement, and it was kinda weird because we can't shake hands during flu season. I got my first flu shot today, and I'm going to start taking pills full of dead typhoid tomorrow.


Regarding his zone leaders: (they) have great senses of humor; they are perfect for us.


Regarding his 'classmates': I don't even remember their names in English half the time!


My class is 100% Cantonese, but Jie Jimuin (Sister Xie) will write on the board in English. Our other teacher is Gu Hingdaih (Bro. Kruggman), and he is really fantastic too. Both served in Hoeng Gong on their missions.


Tomorrow Baa JL & I are going to have our first visit with A-Wai, an investigator. Baa JL is going to do the door contact, we're both going to testify and I'm going to say a prayer, whidh is super exciting!


Here in the MTC the last 15 minutes of the day are quiet time. That's when we, as missionaries and servants of Christ, prepare to receive inspiration. It is profoundly spiritual, and such a blessing, especially for us who so desperately crave the gift of tongues.


I know that this church is true, that I am learning the true teachings of God, and that as I am faithful I will be extremely blessed. I am so happy to be a Servant of God!


Love, Elder O'Gara


ps You can put this on my blog. Please edit my info and remove my email address. xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment