Monday, April 30, 2012

#3

Leih hou ngohge pahngyauh tuhng gatihng!
 
It's been a fantastic week, and I'm once again greatful to have a day to rest and prepare! Our Zone now has sort of a weekend; considering P-Day follows the Sabbath. It's nice to have two ''free'' days in a row!
 
Anyways, its been fantastic! Last Tuesday Elder Nelson was the Presiding Authority at our Devotional, and last night it was the Manager of Missionary Services; Brother Swensen. Both gave fantastic talks, and last night we watched ''Legacy", it was so good! If you've never seen it, you are missing out! All the kissing is way gross, but it's worth it to watch such an awesome movie.
 
We've been teaching up a storm, and we've got 2 investigators right now:
 
A-Hei is a barber with a 10 y/o son. His wife died a few years ago, so he's way interested in the Plan of Happiness. He's always super tired, though, so he has trouble keeping his commitments to read and pray. He has a sincere desire to know the truth, though, so I know that he will be able to stay awake if we encourage and support him.
 
Soren is in his mid 20's, and is a student at HKU. His major is philosphy, so he knows a TON about other religions, but not so much about our's. He wants to know why we are here and what happiness is, which is exactly what we want to tell him! The only problem is that he keeps talking about philosphers, and we've got zero vocabulary in that area.
 
Speaking of Vocabulary; I'm right around 300 words! I figure that if I get 100 words a week, I will be able to communicate fairly well by the time I get to HK. Our language learning software is great, I love it so much! TALL really helps me prepare and learn so I can teach effectively.
 
This morning I gave some family names of women to a lady at the Temple and asked her to please make sure they got done. The crazy thing was; she was French! I had a nice little chat with her about when I needed them done by, and she made sure it happened. I love going to the Temple, even walking the grounds lets you feel some of the peace and tranquility that you experience inside.
 
The food here is still great; I get a wrap pretty much every day. It's essentially Subway in a giant pink or green burrito, I love it so much! There is a girl who usually works that line named Rebecca and (my family knows what's coming next!) she speaks French too! I'm getting to use my 2nd language SO much here, it's great! I wish Cantonese wasn't crowding it out so much, but hopefully talking with the new Missionaries that came in last week that are headed to France will help. Of course; goal #1 is Cantonese, but I still have a deep and abiding love for French.
 
Except for teaching lots, not much has happened. Thanks so much to all of you who have sent me letters and messages over dearelder.com! I love reading handwriting, but don't feel bad if you want to save yourself half a buck and use dearelder. I have a picture board thing, and I would LOVE to have an excuse to buy pushpins! If you want me to write to you, just send me a letter or dearelder message and I will respond on P-Day. Speaking of responding to letters; can someone get me Brent & LeAnna, Beki, and Tami & Mom's addresses? Also, it'd be cool to write to my Nampa cousins. I didn't write down any addresses; in that aspect I was unprepared! Oh yeah, please someone send me a dearelder with all the windows alt-codes for acute, grave, and the straight line one accents so I can do proper tones at the beginnings of these posts.
 
I love you all! Being here in the MTC is so great! I am so glad that I have to opportunity to serve the Lord! I know that He created the Plan of Happiness for one reason; to make us happy! It may be difficult for us to follow at times, but nothing else can bring us the kind of joy in this life that we can experience in the world to come! I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that an honest and prayerful study of it will draw you closer to Christ, give you greater faith in Him, and help you want to follow His example. I know these things to be true, and I saw them in the name of our Lord, Savior, and Older Brother, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment