Monday, May 7, 2012

Whirlwind of Excitement!


Hey, y'all!
I figured I ought to change it up every once in a while.
This week has been good, but this will be a short one. I guess I didn't turn my washer on soon enough, cuz the Liquid Bluing made all sorts of spots on all but 3 of my shirts. I've never had that happen, so any advice on how to nullify this problem would ROCK! Also, someone tell Ally Vande Merwe I met her cousin who's here right now; he's pretty cool.
We got to go to the Temple again, 3 of my favorite sisters are headed out to Billings tomorrow, the older Cantonese people will be leaving in 7 days, and I got called to be Zone Leader. I'm pretty much in charge of two dozen teenage guys and half a dozen young women, which is fun. I get to go knock on doors and tell people that it's quiet time/ past lights out and they are breaking the rules and won't receive any personal revelation cuz they're being disobedient. It's a lot of fun, I have like 4 meetings I go to throughout the week.
We didn't have anyone you'd recognize by name at the Devotional last night, but he was way good. He's in charge of some part of the Missionary Department; and gave a great talk about a waitress that was super enthusiastic about serving them the salad at Olive Garden. Her enthusiasm caused them to keep coming back and getting salad, which for most people is a pretty boring topic. I learned two big things from that
1: People are more attracted to your enthusiasm than your message. No matter what you're talking about; if you sound like Napoleon Dynamite no one will care.

2: Our message is WAY more exciting than any salad at any restaurant! If a server can get someone to buy lots of salad, shouldn't we be able to get people riled up over the prospect of getting Eternal Life for free (monetarily speaking)?
I love how much I get to learn here! Every day I know more that this church is true, and I am so glad I get to go and preach! I love you all, thanks so much for the 1/2 dozen letters I got this week, please keep writing to me and I'll respond on my Preparation Day! I love you all, keep on reading and writing!

And that is how he ended the email for his post ;-}  but I will add:

                                                                                    Love,  Elder  O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment