Monday, June 4, 2012

A Blessing through a Blessing

Yesterday, the 3rd of June, I called two Sister Missionaries by their full names. Why? Because I helped in giving them Priesthood Blessings. Because I am a worthy holder of the Melchezidek Priesthood, I have the authority to act in the name of our loving Heavenly Father and pronounce blessings upon His children. How amazing it was, as I put my hands upon Sister Spencer's head, to feel His great consciousness, His infinite love, His omnipotence, brush up against my finite and fallen mind! How marvelous and merciful it is that our Father allows us, as corrupt and short-sighted as we are, to be instruments in His hands in the blessing of others!
 
That's what this life, and especially this Mission, is all about. We are responsible for the support and upliftment of our spiritual siblings, and our Heavenly Father expects us to act like it! It doesn't matter who you are, what you believe, or what you have done, God loves you! He loves me; impatient, proud, overzealous me! You are also His child! Call upon Him for support! I pray for all of you every night, many of you by name, and as I do so I receive promptings from Him so that I can help some of you. I don't know your struggles, I don't know your situations, but I do know that God loves us enough to help us help each other! How awesome is that?
 
And don't think that this is just because I'm a Missionary. Although my being set apart does entitle me to special blessings, assistance, and insight; any and all of you can receive PERSONAL revelation. God, in His infinite wisdom, knows exactly how to help you, and He wants to help you, if you'll just ask Him to! I cannot tell you how many times, since I've arrived here, that I've received guidance that has helped lift others. I have said things to people that seemed trivial, but I still obeyed because I could feel that it was our Father telling me to do. Many times they have thanked me far more than was necessary. Why? Not because I am an amazing person, but because God does amazing things through me!
 
How amazing it is that the Creator of Everything wants to help us! He wants to give you guidance and direction, so please, let Him! As you give Him your undivided attention He will work many great and marvelous miracles through you. I love you all, I invite you to learn how He can work through you, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior, Lord, Redeemer, and loving Elder Brother, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment