Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blog Post #10: A Day Late, but with $1.50 Extra


This week has been CrAzY! How crazy? Just look at those alternating caps, that's the sign of true madness! I'll just go in order, starting last Tuesday.
Tuesday, the 12th, I met a new cousin. Her name is Sister Leavitt, and she is from Madawhoha. Sorry, not "Whoha", "Gascar". Anyways, you're probably thinking "Ngok JéungLóuh, your people aren't anything close to dark enough to be African", and you're right! She married my cousin, thus taking the name of my most-famous ancestor. I also met Sister Pincock from Tacoma, WA. She gave my parents a goat, my mom didn't like it but my dad did. Or maybe I have that reversed. That night Per G. Malm of the Seventy gave a great talk about expectations. He is such a funny man, and his Swedish accent made his jokes even better!
Wednesday, the 13th, I bumped into Elder Peterson of Meridian Idaho (formerly known as Parker). He's going to the West Indies, which means he's pretty much going on a cruise for his mission. JK, he's going to sweat his face off.
Thursday, the 14th, I didn't meet anybody, but that's okay.
Friday, the 15th, I received revelation that really helped me, and also might pertain to all of my friends who are preparing to go on missions, or have decided to not go on mission. Go read Jacob 2:18. It's only one verse, go do it.
Saturday, the 16th, I saw a mama bird taking one of her babies on it's first solo. She would fly somewhere, then chirp at her baby until it flew to her. At TRC our favorite person ever, Sister Wong, told Elder Wu that he's obviously Chinese because he has tiny eyes, and then went on to say that every time she looks at one of her daughters she thinks "Where are your eyes?". I found that a lot funnier on Saturday than today, but it's still funny.
Sunday, the 17th, was Father's Day. Happy late father's day, Dad! I love you! Dad's are just the best aren't they? I met a Sister from Tacoma, Sid Going's Great-Nephew, and Sheri Dew. THE Sheri Dew! She is such an amazing speaker, and I received buckets of revelation while she taught. Why? Because she taught simply and from the heart! If we could put a chip in her head that made her know every language instantly, every woman on the face of the planet would be almost instantly converted to the Gospel. I love Sheri Dew! She also said that HK is one of her favorite cities, that we are "so spoiled", and we invited her to come visit us!
Monday, the 18th, someone randomly said "Jon". I turned around, and there was Aaron Hanson from Meridian! He's going to BYU and working somewhere on the MTC Campus. I love all my people, please continue to keep me in your prayers, cuz I pray for most of you by name every night. No wonder I'm always up so late...
I love y'all! This'll be my last post from North America for 21 months, so I hope you enjoy! Look for me Thursday, June 28th, UTC +8:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment