Monday, June 11, 2012

Blog Post #9



Jòusan Gàtìhng tuhng pàhngyáuh!
I hope y'all are having an awesome time, cuz I know I am! I got released as a Zone Leader, which is kinda wierd. I now have study time on Sunday, which I guess means I get to study now, which is cool. Besides that; I've learned how to play a couple good variations of tic-tac-toe, and I've been learning more about Cantonese than I ever thought possible! Turns out that my favorite way to say "How are you" is more like "Wuzzup". I said that to my new Mission President (who's here for training), and he wasn't exactly impressed. I also learned that "to teach with the Spirit" is one sound different than "to teach homosexuality". Luckily I didn't make that mixup, which is good.
Last night at the Devotional Elder Allen, Managing Director of the Missionary Department, spoke to us for the 3rd time. Some people wanted someone new, but I love his talks! The first reason is that he lets us take off our jackets (the auditorium gets super hot!), and the second reason is that his talks are always super upbeat! He always give us encouragement, advice, and a big pat on the back. Who doesn't need that?
The food here is starting to get old, which I guess is okay because I'll be over the Pacific Ocean in 2 weeks! Next week's post will be my last in America for a VERY long time, and I am WAY excited! I can't wait to get to the Fragrant Harbor and start spreading the good news! I'm so glad that we can recieve personal revelation through prayer and study, cuz I am in need of so much more improvement! Everyday I get a little bit of pure light poured into my brain, and I am so grateful that I know how to recieve it! In case you don't know how; here's the basic formula

1: Write down your problem in a question addressed to God, and have something ready to write down the answer
2: Pray that He will give you the knowledge you seek so that you can improve and become a better servant
3: Study the Scriptures, attend Church Meetings, pray more, or watch Conference with this question in mind
4: Write down all the revelation you receive to show God that you want more so He'll give you more
It's really that easy to get the all-knowing Creator to have a sit down chat with you. I do it multiple times a day; it's great! If you don't have any faith in Personal Revelation, act out of a sincere desire to know; and once you recieve your answers you will begin to have more and more faith.
This week I ran into Elder Dykman from Meridian and Elder Calahan from Georgia. Elder Calahan is headed to the Washington, Kenniwick Mission; so all my Clark Wardians give him a great big welcome! I love you all, talk to ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment