Sunday, October 20, 2013

Letter Home #80: A week of fun

Dear People,

This week Elder Mohk and I had a lot of fun! Suit Season has officially started, so until the Prophet addresses us again and the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is reconvened, we are a suit jacket wearing Mission! Now, don't any of you fret, it's forecasted to stay below 30 this week (and only hit 29 once!) [30 = 86] and the humidity is only going to hit 80%. Honestly, I feel glad for my jacket when it's the night time and we're contacting people; we get a fairly chill sea breeze off the Tolo Harbor.

ANYWAYS


This is my dog. I found him on the street and decided that he was mine. He was super happy to see me, which is another reason he's mine. He was too arthritic to walk the hour back to the Chapel (we took a bus), so I told him to stay there. We'll see if someone else has decided that he belongs to them when we go back to Kwong Yuen tonight.

This week we made chicken curry for dinner...



...and fried rice! Both were super yummy, and Elder Mohk is learning how to cook fairly quickly, I expect him to be a certified chef when he's done with his training.

That's about all for this week. There's been a lot of sweating, a lot of walking, a little bit of teaching, and a really good dinner last night that I totally forgot to take pictures of! Maybe next time, right? Let's hope so.

I love you all, have a great week, and remember to pray often; it's what allows God to speak with you!

Love,
Elder JE O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment