Sunday, October 6, 2013

Letter Home #78: Eighteen Down, Seven Million to Go

Dear Beloved People,
I am rapidly approaching my 18 month mark! I have completed an entire Sister Mission! My official fly-home day is April 18th, 2014, but I plan on hanging out in Mainland with my father for a few days (but I'll be home for my brother's 37th birthday party). I am so fat!


Last week I went on a hike all the way up (but not across) Ma On Shan! I still have blue eyes! And a cut on my lip!


I made traditional Irish style potato pancakes called "fadge" every day last week as kind of a "Chef's Challenge". They are delicious, and easy to make once you mess it up three days in a row! Y'all can count on eating them for breakfast if you ever spend the night at the Elder O'Gara house.



I also made a cheese cake for my flat mates. Keebler Ready-Made Graham Cracker crusts cost as much as a Supersize Big Mac meal, not that I eat a lot of either. It had the texture of cottage cheese, but was still tasty! Thanks to my mom for the recipe! I am so fat!



I thought that horseshoe crabs were endangered and moray eels were threatened, but you can order both at the restaurant where a member bought us brunch today, so maybe I'm wrong.


Regardless, I'm loving life, loving the work, and loving my time here in HK! I'm ready to "crank it up to 11" for the next six months, we'll see how close I get to my goal of 7,000,000 baptisms! I've already been asked to suit up next Sunday, so I'll send pictures of that with my next letter home! I hope everyone in the States, Mexico, Germany, Mainland China, Morocco, and anywhere this is read are happy and well!

Love,















Elder Jonathan Enoch O'Gara (and Elder Healthy)




No comments:

Post a Comment