Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blog Post #64

Dear People,

Happy Monday! I am feeling really weird today, mostly because it's July! I was in Hong Kong last July, with Elder Ma, not knowing a single word of Cantonese. Now I'm in Hong Kong, but with Elder SugarBaby, and he's the one that doesn't know Cantonese! That's not true; his Chinese is pretty good, and he had the First Vision memorized a good five months before I did.

Welcome to the hot month! This one and August are the worst here in HK; but I've got my chin up because I know I'm going to sweat off about 20 pounds this summer. Unfortunately, I'll likely get it back in the winter, but it's like whatever. I'm happy to be here doing the Lord's work! I really do find joy in what I'm doing, it may not bring happiness or pleasure every moment of every day, but I go to bed happy every night... That I don't eat three McDonald's Fanta Float Freezes because they were $7 instead of the regular $10, and the promotion ended on Saturday, so you know we HAD to get our fill! I did enjoy it though, not gonna lie.

The work is still moving on, and I am still a very happy Missionary! One of the people we're working with is making truly miraculous progress; she just barely started reading the Book of Mormon daily, and now we're hoping that she'll find the desire to come to Church weekly. One other person we're working with is working on finding his faith in Christ, and by helping one of his friends come to Church they are progressing together!

I am so excited to be here, I love it, I love Jesus Christ, and I love the people I'm serving. Because I have the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit; I am protected from feeling crushing doubt or debilitating disappointments, because I know that God is my Father, and that He has what's best for me in store! Being a Missionary truly is a great thing!

Love,
Elder O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment