Sunday, December 16, 2012

Blog Post #36: You Know it's Fun When...

... "Fun" is in the name!

On Thursday I moved to Fanling (pronounced FUN-Ling)! I live with my "little brother" (we have the same trainer/dad) and my companion is my "uncle" (he and my trainer had the same trainer). I'm the only Non-Utah Born in our house, which is kind of a cool thing for me! Go Washington!

That means Cougars, not Huskies.

Anyways, the new area is great! It's TINY (maybe around 1/8 of TST?), but the ward members are golden. They gave us a few pounds of fried noodles, a gallon of fried rice, and a couple Asian-Style microwave dinners. Do they have Eat East in America? It's pretty good, for microwave food.

My companion, Elder Casey Roper, is from Camas, a little town in Utah where all they had to do was watch movies and play Risk or Settlers. We may or may not play Risk as a house tonight (my little brother's never seen it before!), but we only have Settlers of Zarahemla, which is apparently a Mormon ripoff. It still looks fun to me, but Risk is more favorite.

Like grape, rather than cherry.

I'm excited to be serving here in Fanling. I can feel great things getting ready to happen, and I'm glad the Lord has called me to labor in this corner of the vineyard. I hope that I can live up to His expectations, fulfill this calling, and send Elder Roper home a happy and successful Missionary in 3 months (yeah, I'll probably "kill" him).

I love you all, I love this work, and I am SO happy to be here serving!

Love,
Elder O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment