Monday, December 3, 2012

Blog Post #34: A Sense of Impending...

Something.

Any of you who have been counting and know the ways Missions usually work know that I'm looking fairly definitely at a move in the next week. After 4 moves in my "Baby Area" I'm about ready to get transferred to a new place, maybe where I've never even been!

The good news is; no such place exists! Because the China Hong Kong Mission is so small, I've been to almost every zone (Kowloon, Hong Kong Island, New Territories, Tolo Harbor, but not Macau). I haven't been to every area, not by a long shot, but I've seen a sample of everything these 400 square miles (counting a LOT of water) have to offer. I'm excited, but I'm also really hoping the unlikely will happen and that I'll stay for 5 moves here. That's only happened to 1 other Cantonese Elder in as long as anyone can remember, so hopefully I'll be #2.

The work here is continuing, as it does all across the world. The service we give is a lot of fun, and at times can be challenging, but it's always worth it. It's a bit strange to think that my next post will be my 1/3 mark, but the way that time flies is the only thing I dislike about being a Missionary. The days really do seem like weeks, and the weeks really do seem like days, sometimes like hours. 

Anyways, I am having fun here in Southern China! I took my first picture of Autumn leaves for the year, which is something that usually happens on September 3rd, not December 3rd. It's all good, though, I am enjoying the prolonged cool-ish weather, even though it's perplexing how cold 70 feels.

In other news, I finished the Book of Mormon for my first time start-to-finish as a Missionary yesterday, and I finished Jesus the Christ for the first time ever this morning. Both are really good, and Elder Talmage's work really helped me understand the Savior better. I recommend both books to be studied at the same time if a reader wants an in-depth and awesome look at who our Redeemer is.

I love you all, I am SO happy to be doing this work, and I know that I am going to go wherever the Lord needs me, and I'm going to love it!

Love,
Elder O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment