Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blog Post #20: Western Girls


Dear People Whom I Love,

I love you! This week I didn't make any huge mistakes with the language (I've gotten some coaching in regards to how to say fishing).

I've been very busy, as today is my Trainer's birthday, so instead of a rundown on my week; here's an interesting thing that proves that written Chinese is all just one big joke!

This is "west" or "western"
西

This is "girl" or "woman"


This is "need" the verb, or "needs" the noun


The slight difference is only because of how the computer displays the character. Someone, somewhere, a long long long time ago realized that white girls are very high maintenance, and payed homage to this well known quality of theirs by inventing this character to be the visual representation of the concept of "needing".

Of course, everyone has needs, not just white girls. The great thing about Heavenly Father is that He knows exactly how to fulfill your needs so that you will be in the best circumstances for you to learn and grow! I know He loves each and every one, He knows you all by name, He knows what all of you truly need, and He would LOVE to give it to you, if you will be humble, exercise faith and patience, and pray daily!

Have a great week!
岳長老

1 comment:

  1. His email to me mentioned:
    helping people move into a dorm room
    only eating half of his share of his trainer's birthday pizza because he needs to lose weight(the other half is in the fridge for future consumption)
    making a cake for his trainer's birthday - actually a mango trifle apparently
    Elder O'Gara's Mom

    ReplyDelete