Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blog Post #13

So, I never really had Jet-lag, or "airplane lag" as the kid with cool hair called it. I stayed up all night before I left, only slept like an hour on the plane, and pretty (much) died the first night here. It was a pretty good deal! So, how did I tell today that I've pretty much officially adjusted to China Weather?

Well, we attended the Temple today, which was amazing! Everything was in English, so I really got to enjoy it! However; Temple attendance means suit jackets, and Temple attendance in South Central Asia means suit jackets, humidity, and around 100 degrees Fahrenheit! Needless to say; I was happy to get back to the OK (the Chinese word for home sounds like "O-Kay") and get rid of my coat! I sat there on the couch thinking how nice it was to be back home. I went to my office and got my shopping money, and was very confused. My clock-with-the-thermometer read "32 Degrees"! You're thinking "Ngok Jeunglouh, you know I don't speak Celsius", so let me translate. 90 degrees, Fahrenheit! I, Mister "I prefer 50 degrees for t-shirt weather" found 90 degrees comfortable! I am not going to enjoy my first week back home in Western WA with 40 degrees and cold rain!

Anyways, back to Missionary stuff!

Our friend Jarvin is getting baptized on Sunday! We're bringing back his first Missionary Elder (now Brother) Yeuhn, who lives a little north of us, to baptize him. It's so exciting! We have a TON of baptisms coming up, 2 more besides Jarvin this month and 4 next month! I definitely followed some very effective missionaries, I'm excited to have these big shoes to learn how to fill!

Speaking of big shoes to fill... I got assigned to be apartment leader! That means that it's my job to buy soap and rice, and then pray that the other elders in my OK give me 1/5 of the cost back. We have 5 men sleeping in one room right now, which is a lot of fun! We all like music and we all get along, Mong Kok is the best place to be right now!

It's go time, but if you want to check out my neighborhood check out the Homantin Chapel (Tsim Sha Tsui Ward, Hong Kong China Kowloon Stake is in Homantin, http://www.lds.org.hk/en/index.php/hong-kong-china-kowloon-stake) on google maps! I love you all, talk to ya next week!


note from Elder O'Gara's mom - I had no luck on google maps until I found the address thru lds.org, link pasted in above, and if I did it wrong it will cut and paste ;-}  old people!

No comments:

Post a Comment