Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blog Post #13?(12): M is for...

Man Purse! Yup, you betcha I did! In Hong Kong everyone has a shoulder bag of some kind. I got mine from White Lee who just died (went home). His name is "White Lee" cuz he is white... and his family is Lee... It's kind of a rare deal to have a White Lee, and I even got to meet him and his parents! The night before left they gave us jelly bears, almond butter packets (like ketchup!) and... Best of all... Cheese Sticks! I hadn't seen a cheese stick in 4 months since I was at my sister's house in Vegas! I had forgotten how good cheese is!

But back to the Man Purse.

My bag is a lot like what my Number 5 wore back in High School; A dark gray affair, roughly the size of 2 DVD cases, and totally awesome! Mine says

Excellence 
There Is No Fashion Trend
Diesel Born
Planet Ocean Studio
-Original- No 126",

on the front, I'll send someone 10 bucks if they can send me a letter with info about it. The first one I receive wins! (FYI: 10 HKD is 1.288 USD). But it's super useful, and I plan on bringing it home with me if it survives the next 20 months.

Wow! 1/6 of my Mission is over! That is Crazy! I really hope that I can fulfill my purpose here, there's probably a good 1,000,000 people in the Tsim Sha Tsui area that I'm currently assigned to, and I am not sure how to contact all of them yet! Street approaches aren't super effective, but park contacting is! People go to parks to relax and socialize, and they are all eager to practice english with two white Americans! After I ask them basic questions I switch to Cantonese, I promise! 

We've scheduled 3-5 lessons every day this week, which works pretty well because at least one person needs to reschedule every day, usually more. We have so many new friends who want to hear the Gospel, it's great! We also have some really strong recent converts that love to share the Good News! This is an exciting time in HK; people are starting to want to know more and more every day, and within a generation or two missonaries will be flooding the streets! Who knows; we may even need to build a Missionary Training Center in Hong Kong! We will definitely need to when Mainland opens up; that is for sure!

In other news it's raining a lot! It's not my cool, refreshing Washington rains, it's warm which is strange! There is so much to say and so little time to say it in! This place is amazing! I am going to have to lead a tour in 2 years so all of you can see it! Anyways, keep on having fun in America! Be sure to send me wedding invitations (Valorie)! I hope y'all are doing great, talk to ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment