Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Letter Home #84: A Rough Week

Dear People,

It's been hard. All I know is that serious calamities are going down in the Philippines and I all I know is that they just got devastated. All I could read in Chinese was that there was death and raping, neither of which are things I like to hear about.

Thankfully, my mom sent me a news link saying all the Missionaries are accounted for, and the Church has cranked it up to 11 to get relief to those people. It's good to know that even though a lot of my friends who are serving out there were extremely distressed, they're all ready to jump into the Helping Hands vests and get to work.

It's been a great week here in HK. We had rain for half of last week (the outside edge of the storm that hit the Philippines), which brought back many happy Washington memories. I love grey skies better than blue, call me crazy.

We went to the Temple today, so time's a little short, but one of these days I might be able to crank out a high-quality sermon like my other Missionary friends send me.

Don't hold your breath, it could end up being a long time...

Love,
Elder JE O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment