Sunday, November 10, 2013

Letter Home #83: Equivalencies of Time

Dear People,

I left on April 11th, 2012.

Number 5 told Dad and I that she was pregnant at our last dinner together on April 7th, 2012, or thereabouts.

Now, the aforementioned baby just had his first Birthday Party.

What is going on in America?!?

Really, I'm constantly shocked at how the time here moves so fast and yet so slow! In my head he's still not really born yet, even though I get pictures of him monthly (kind of awkward, now that I put it down in type...), and 19 months have elapsed from that point? 19 months used to be a painfully long amount of time, and now it's just about nothing? I realized that we're almost done with this move, which is insane!

ANYWAYS

We had a Parting-the-Red-Sea Status Miracle this week; Elder Mohk and I only had 2 hours of street contacting time on Thursday because we had Weekly Planning, a Lesson, and a Dinner Appointment. Somehow, in those 2 hours we were able to follow the Lord's guidance well enough to find 2 young men who were willing to sit and chat about the Gospel, and then reschedule us for another meeting! I'd yet to see that much success in such a short period of time!

One of the kids met with us at the scheduled time, and the other didn't show up (which is fairly standard for HK people), but I'm confident that both of them will find the time to meet with us again very soon.

The Work of God Continues, and Worlds and Lives Abound,
Elder JE O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment