Sunday, September 15, 2013

Letter Home #75: The Tai Wai Day

Dear People,

So, some of you "dear people" have been wondering what a Tai Wai day is like. I've decided to be boring and regurgitate my planner into this post.

0700 Wake up, run to MacPhearson Park, run around, do push ups, run back home
0730 Eat Cornflakes with soymilk and cheap protein powder, shower, iron my clothes, get ready for the day
0830 Read the Bible, Book of Mormon, etc for an hour
0930 Talk with my Komp about the things we need to do that day
1030 Start Language study and throw my beans into a pot to boil so they'll be edible for...
1130 Lunch! Virtually always at our apartment in Mong Kok
1230 Go to Mong Kok East Station, catch the train up to Tai Wai
1300 Get working! We usually do "street contacting", where we walk around a place talking to everyone we see and inviting them to learn about Jesus Christ and our message. We average 2 lessons a day, which is pretty good.
1830 Dinner, usually greasy duck on rice, but I also like sweet n sour pork on rice and eggplant/ground beef sludge on rice. All three are pretty traditional.
1930 We try to schedule a lesson with someone and get a member of our congregation to help us out.
2030 Beep our card at Mei Lam Estate on the special machine that gives us a $1 discount for walking 1 KM to Tai Wai Station
2100 Get home, right records of what we've done today and schedule people for the rest of the week!
2200 Write in my journal, brush teeth, clean up my desk & living room, and if there's time I'll play a round or two of Chinese Chess. I have no skill or tactics, but I don't always get smashed. But I usually do.
2300 Go to sleep, prepare to wash, rinse, and repeat.

Today is Preparation Day, so we're going to see if there's anywhere in the huge Langham Place Mall where I can get a couple new white shirts for a not-outrageous price. Please, wish me luck! I promise to do something cool one of these days, and post photos of it. I've got a plan for 10 month that should be pretty awesome. October?

Love,
Elder JE O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment