Monday, July 29, 2013

Blog Post #68: Happy



Dear People,

I love everything! I'm just so happy today! Why? I'm not 100% sure, but it definitely has to do with the awesome care package my awesome family sent me! What do I miss more than Girl Scout Cookies? Just about nothing! So what did I get? Thin mints and Caramel DeLights! I am ecstatic, and definitely not sharing the Caramel DeLights.

There are many exciting things going on in my family, some of which will be talked about at later dates, the most exciting of which is that my mother is officially a year older! My dad also had a birthday that I forgot to plan a party for, so next week I'll put up pictures of the food I made. There were brownies and birds, I'll be more specific in my captions next week.

Another reason this week was happy is because we taught 10 lessons this week! Now, I'm not sure if Statesiders or Mexico-Serving Missionaries are sad if they're not pulling triple digit numbers every month, but here in Hong Kong 10 lessons a week is a pretty respectable number. Elder Sugar Baby and I have worked hard, talked to a lot of people, and we're feeling better than ever about the future of Tai Po.

Despite wind, rain, and people who don't like us, we've been working, and we'll keep working no matter what happens. I love being out here, I love being with my companion, and I love the work I do! I'm glad I've still got lots of time out here on my Mission, and I expect to write a lot more letters home about the amazing things that are being done.

Love,
Elder J.E. O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment