Monday, February 18, 2013

Blog Post #45: Well . . .


This is awkward.

Elder Wu, Zone Leader in the International Zone, went home today. Not early, just at a funky time due to new Missionaries coming in.

My Companion, Elder Roper, took his spot. He's going to "die" in everyone's favorite part of the Mission. He just about did a backflip when we got the call when we were out street contacting after Church. I'm so happy for him, he's going to have the best time of his life.

But wait, what about Elder O'Gara? Missionaries can't be alone!

Don't worry, I'm not. I'm in a "Tripanionship", a three-some, with the other Elders who also serve the Tai Po Area until next Wednesday.

Why next Wednesday? Because that's when two new Elders get here, of course! I am still pretty young to train, and there are plenty of good Misisonaries who are older than me and still childless, so hopefully I'll have a few more moves before the Lord entrusts me with a new Elder.
Pray for me, pray hard. Even if I don't get a baby there's a pretty good chance that whoever gets him will give me his Junior Companion, and most of the Juniors who aren't in Leadership positions are younger than me.

The ideal circumstance is that I'll get an older Missionary in here for the next 6 weeks before he goes home, he'll be the District Leader, and after he leaves (and I get as much knowledge from him as possible) I'll have responsibilities come me way. Regardless of what happens, I'll be happy and willing to serve wherever the Lord wants me!

But still, pray for me.

Love,
Elder O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment