Sunday, April 6, 2014

Letter Home #104: Maybe a Mirror, maybe a Time Warp

Dear People,

This week I did really well on not thinking about home too much...

Until yesterday. All through the records in this area (Missionaries keep meticulous records of what we do, where we go, and who we talk to), is the name "Elder Ding". Well, yesterday a tall, attractive white guy walked into the Chapel holding hands with a short, attractive white lady. He said, "Hi, I'm Brother Ding", and my comp and I were both blown back by surprise. He's been home for about 7 years now and has 2 daughters, and his Cantonese is still good enough that he can talk easily with the members of the Church here and even interpret for his wife.

Even better, yesterday I got to bless the Sacrament. It was a great way to end my Mission (I still have a week, but next week is a two-day, Church-Wide Broadcast, so we won't have regular meetings until the 20th), and even though I got the wording wrong and had to redo it (it was my first time saying the blessing in anything except English), I still felt really happy to have one last way to serve the people I've been working with for the last two years.

That being said, I'm focusing hard on finishing strong. Today I'm finally hiking the Misty Mountain, so next week, my last post, I'll be able to post some AWESOME pictures!

Love,
Elder JE O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment