Sunday, January 19, 2014

Letter Home #93: Building Momentum, Losing Omentum

Dear People,

Please forgive my poetry, but it's the only thing I could think of to put this week in one sentence.

ANYWAYS

Last week I started doing the workout plan that Number 5 sent me a little while ago. She made some comment about daring me to laugh, cough, or go up stairs after doing it, and I didn't believe her until I trudged up the stairs to the roof (that's where I like to work out) on the second day and almost collapsed! That was because of my legs, not my heart, don't worry. Even better, later that day I went on Exchanges in Kam Tin, and we rode the bikes for about 4 hours. At first my legs hurt, but then i pushed through that and I hit the magical zone of "Too Hurt to Feel It" and had a blast for the rest of the week! That's about all I've done fitness-wise.

And success wise?

WOW! Last night we met with Computer Genius, and he's usually quiet and awkward and uninterested in the lesson, but still agrees to meet with us. Last night it was obvious that he was more interested in the lesson and we actually had a good chat before the lesson. He thinks it's cool that I want to get cooking certificates (is that what we call it in English?) from a bunch of countries' best culinary institutes, which made me think that just maybe my idea of being a chef is a viable career.

Not only that, but everyone we've been working with is noticing the Gospel bringing them more happiness and fulfilled lives! I love it!

That's all the time I have, but I love you all, keep me posted on anything awesome!

Love,
Elder JE O'Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment